Project: N00b
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Lastest News
Schools back. Ugh. PLEASE RETURN TO US PEOPLE AND POST!!!

Follow p:n on Twitter. https://twitter.com/projectn00b

Poll

Are you guys even getting my newsletters?

A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. I_vote_lcap60%A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. I_vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. I_vote_lcap40%A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. I_vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project.
A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:27 am by Mercen-X

» Folklore References
A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:36 pm by Mercen-X

» Taking Over Project as Team Leader
A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:45 am by cmh0114

» Team Members and Job Titles
A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:44 pm by Mercen-X

» Free Computer Books
A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:43 pm by Zerobu

» Platforms?
A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:17 pm by Zerobu

» Order of Business as New self appointed team leader
A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:32 am by Zerobu

» Phamacutical Drug Databases
A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 6:07 am by Guest

» Hiya Folks
A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:10 am by Guest

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 133 on Tue May 14, 2019 3:50 am
Top posters
BG-57 (567)
A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. I_vote_lcapA Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. I_voting_barA Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. I_vote_rcap 
NeoTifa (505)
A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. I_vote_lcapA Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. I_voting_barA Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. I_vote_rcap 
Mercen-X (340)
Magixion (330)
cmh0114 (145)
no2pencil (82)
mcneely11 (69)
SwordFighter_Dago (67)
Zerobu (64)
Jirito (53)

Statistics
We have 72 registered users
The newest registered user is melyes

Our users have posted a total of 2543 messages in 190 subjects

A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project.

3 posters

Go down

A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. Empty A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project.

Post by Zerobu Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Ok guys. Sorry I haven't been active as much as I promised, but I have been really busy with school and I am currently in the process of looking for a job. As for this project, I want to see it keep going on, but I also understand that everyone has prior engagements.

So my idea is simple one. How about we turn the story-line into a series of novels and then publish these novels, the profits would be split equally among-st all contributors. I think this is a genius, idea and it gives us something to fall back when we do eventually implement the game. However, I think we should still work on portions of the game simultaneously, whilst the novels are being written. What do you guys think of turning the story-line into a series of novels?

Zerobu
N00blet
N00blet

Male Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-04-02

Back to top Go down

A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. Empty Re: A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project.

Post by cmh0114 Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:14 pm

That sounds like a fairly good idea, but it gets away from the whole idea of making a game out of this. What would happen to the programmers and artists? You don't need programming, music, or (many) graphics for a series of novels, so the only people who are left are the writers.

Maybe we could start with a series of minigames? There are probably a bunch of pitfalls to this idea too, but what does everyone think?

cmh0114
Someone Inportant
Someone Inportant

Male Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project. Empty Re: A Brilliant Idea About The Future Of This Project.

Post by Zerobu Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:35 pm

I agree that their might be some people who may be left out of this. But everyone will be free to contribute to it. I understand that not everyone has the desire to write. but I am confident we can get a few writers from here including myself.

As for the development of the game. I wouldn't say that we are straying from it. We are just moving it in a different direction. I think the game could still be worked on at same time as the novels are be written. I would advise everyone else to keep working on what they are working on.

As for your idea about a series of mini-games. I think that's a brilliant idea. It would work better if we broke up the game that way and it would be easier to implement when the time comes to put it together

Zerobu
N00blet
N00blet

Male Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by cmh0114 Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:15 pm

Well, I'm sure there are writers here (or at least were, idk if many are still interested). My point was just that you're aiming for such a small sector of what the game was actually about.

Then again, making novels might be a good idea if you're looking into putting this game into the really long-term future. Which, given the current amount of activity, might be a good idea. Write/publish the novels, then base the game off of those, instead of all at the same time. I still would like to do the minigames, but I will admit the novels have some advantages, and could be pretty fun to do. Smile

cmh0114
Someone Inportant
Someone Inportant

Male Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercen-X Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:27 am

Zerobu wrote:we turn the story-line into a series of novels?
Jeet suggested this to me about my EtC project for which I originally intended it to be a game as well. Fact is, if this makes the move to novelization, some people will lose mention in contribution because programming plays no part in writing a novel which means to be cited as a contributor, members will actually have to submit workable ideas for characters, artifacts, locations, history, and plot direction.
A lot of us have done that, some more than others (i.e. Beej has made the major contribution of an entire world and plot line and I believe Dago contributed the main antagonist and its motivation).

I've confiscated many ideas from this project to incorporate into my own in a Chaos Wars kind of way in which they still tie into this project for whenever the hell it actually finishes.
Mercen-X
Mercen-X
Someone Inportant
Someone Inportant

Male Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-03-17

http://I have one... mysite... something...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down